
Last year we had to put an x-pen around the X-mas tree because as a young pup, Keeley could not be trusted. This year we decided that he's grown up so much that we could try it without the x-pen. On Tuesday night, I put up the tree with the lights and he left it well enough alone. Then on Wednesday night, I put the ornaments on the tree. I put all the non-breakables on the bottom branches and more fragile ones closer to the top. Keeley came over and checked out a few of the ornaments by the bottom and we kept on reminding him to "Leave it!" whenever it looked like he was going to bite one and he did really good with that. However, today when his grandma's back was turned, he seized the opportunity to get an ornament. A plastic Batman had to be retired because Keeley ate one of his legs before he was discovered.


Also today, Keeley got groomed in preparation for the holidays. He won't need to be trimmed again until around his birthday in March. I prefer his scruffy look, but this clean cut look is okay because you can see his gorgeous eyes really well. Here's a couple of pictures.
Since Keeley was such a good boy at the groomers, his grandma took him to Minooka afterwards as a reward. It was really cold and windy today but she let him be there for a whole hour. What a lucky boy!
6 comments:
woofies Keeley, u lookies super duper wiff u new look..and heehee, isnt dat y dey put thingys on trees fur, so we can get dem and play wiff 'em...
b safe,
;)lacylulu
Mom was worried about me touching the ornies but I've been a very good boy! Your tree is beautiful, Keeley!
Yer friend,
Mitch
Very handsome Keeley! That Batman does sound tempting...
Your friend, Lenny
Hiya Keeley,
You look very handsome with your new haircut.
Make sure you stay away from the Xmas tree matie, we don't want you to have a horrid accident.
Hugs and tail wags
Noah, Willow, Tess and Lucy
Hi Keeley
You look gweat with youw new haiwcut...and congwatulations on youw good behaviow..those ownaments awe vewy tempting..one little batman is not bad!
smoochie kisses
Asta
Keeley, good work snagging one of those ornaments. I have not been so lucky myself. I keep trying though, and like you, I get the 'leave it' command. Yuck! You're looking good from your grooming, and your trip to Minooka was well deserved after you had to put up with a grooming. Stay warm pal!
Your pal,
Kirby
Post a Comment